Gluten-free Yeast Bread
The buttermilk in this recipe helps to keep the bread wonderfully light. Enjoy this gluten-free bread warm with your favorite spread, or use for toast.
- 1 cup (240 ml) Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons (27 g) brown sugar
- 1 package (7 g) active dry yeast
- 2 cups (300 g) white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Combine buttermilk, brown sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until frothy and foamy.
- Place rice flour and salt into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, and slowly increase to Variable 3. Blend for 5 seconds to combine. Remove rice flour to a separate clean bowl.
- Place eggs, oil, buttermilk mixture, and half the rice flour into the Vitamix Container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and slowly increase speed to Variable 4. Process until all ingredients are lightly combined,, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades if necessary.
- While the blender is running, remove lid plug and add remaining flour through the lid plug opening. Blend until well combined.
- Grease an 8" x 4" (21 x 11 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper. Place dough into prepared loaf pan. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 355°F (180°C) for 35 minutes. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes before inverting bread onto a cooling rack. Let cool another 15-20 minutes before slicing.
|Serving Size||1 serving (66 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Gluten-free Yeast Bread is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chrannleo from Gluten Free What part of spraying a trivial amount of Pam has gluten? . . . This recipe is fine.
Date published: 2017-12-09
Rated 1 out of 5 by LindaSelina from Confused Reading the recipe it says put rice flour and salt into vitamix and slowly turn it on get it up to setting 10 then allow to cool for two mins. Then you add eggs and milk THEN ADD half of the flour pour it in through the plug on the lid....
Date published: 2020-02-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by SRdB from I have not yet tried this .... I have not yet tried this .... but I am reading the reviews. Vitamix, do better for the Celiac community, we exist and it is not a fad diet.
Date published: 2020-02-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by K777 from Not gluten-free Non-stick cooking spray is not gluten-free. Makes me wonder who's inventing these recipes.
Date published: 2017-11-26
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lhenry from How much yeast? Want to try this recipe but not sure how much "1 yeast'" is ? Thanks!
Date published: 2020-04-18