Create a restaurant-quality hollandaise sauce to drizzle over freshly cooked asparagus.
- 4 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, softened
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne/hot sauce into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Remove lid plug and increase speed to Variable 5.
- Slowly add melted butter in a thin steady stream, until mixture becomes thickened, approximately 55 seconds. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Hollandaise Sauce is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carrie Marie from Best hollandaise! This was the first time I've made hollandaise sauce and it was probably the best I've ever tried. It was incredibly silky and smooth and never became gloppy, even after cooling. I used 1/2 the amount of salt and subbed in salted butter. I would recommend having a towel handy when pouring the butter because it did splatter some. I am saving this recipe and will definitely make it again.
Date published: 2015-10-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by The Ancient Mariner from Quick and precise Just tried this for an eggs benedict on Christmas morning. It's really easy to make and really really tasty. Don't leave too long before serving because it thickens up quite quickly.
Date published: 2015-12-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by Perth foodie from Not Suitable for Professioinal Series 750 Tried this in the Professional Series 750, but due to the wider base of the container the initial placing of ingredients in the Vitamix container did not cover the blades. So the sauce did not emulsify properly. I think this sauce could be lovely as the flavours were nice; even in a thin sauce.
Date published: 2017-07-16