Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
These little beauties are the perfect afternoon treat. Try them fresh with a dollop of cream and a cup of tea.
- 1 cup (150 g) self-rising flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup (45 ml) whole milk
- ¾ cup (150 g) golden caster sugar
- Zest and Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place 8 paper cupcake cases into a 12-cupcake tray.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl.
- Place the eggs, butter, milk, caster sugar and lemon zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable Speed 1 and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 25 seconds. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir by hand to combine.
- Portion into 8 cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse the container.
- Meanwhile, to make the syrup, place the lemon juice and granulated sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase the speed to 10. Blend for 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and, while still hot and in the tray, prick them generously with a skewer.
- our or brush the hot lemon syrup onto each cupcake, and leave to cool completely in the tray before serving.
|Serving Size||1 cupcake|
|Amount Per Servings|
Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rinz from easy and delicious !!! My daughter LOVES these cupcakes!!! It was so easy to make. We loved it with and without the drizzle.
Date published: 2017-06-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Fiona from Wow! Delicious Never knew it was possible to make cupcake treats so quickly the power of vitamix! So easy and turn out great on first try of this recipe will definitely make these again.
Date published: 2016-07-02