Orange Cranberry Sauce
A holiday staple, perfect for topping warm or cold dishes.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 3 cups (300 g) cranberries
- ⅓ cup (70 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium-size saucepan, add the oranges, cranberries, ¼ cup (60 ml) of water, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and orange zest. Cook until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens, about 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cooled mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 5 seconds.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Orange Cranberry Sauce is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cheri from Orange Cranberry Sauce I love the combination of citrus with cranberries, but my results were too tart. I used Clementines because that's what was in my fruit basket. Perhaps blood oranges or another, sweeter variety works better. Nevertheless, I recommend this recipe. I had to add another 1/4 cup sugar, though.
Date published: 2015-11-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by Debbie Sue from Not Good For Me. I followed this recipe to the tee with daunting results. The flavors were completely off. Too much orange and not enough sugar to balance the cranberries. Additional spices of cloves and allspice would have been a nice compliment if the recipe had not been so off.
Date published: 2016-11-21