Potato Leek Bisque
Saute and simmer ingredients before finishing this hot and hearty bisque in your Vitamix blender.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds (1.3 kg) leeks, sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ pound (685 g) potatoes, diced
- 3 cups (720 ml) low fat milk
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- croutons, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender but not brown (about 25 to 30 minutes).
- Adjust heat as necessary and add a bit of water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add potatoes, milk and broth to the pan. Bring mixture to a simmer (do not boil) and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are very tender. Remove from heat.
- Place potato mixture in two batches into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend each batch for 1 minute, 30 seconds until mixture is smooth.
- Season with additional salt and lemon juice, if desired, and black pepper.
- Garnish with croutons and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|