Potato and Spinach Soup
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 potatoes, baked
- ¼ cup (30 g) onion, peeled. diced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce (30 g) frozen spinach
- Place the broth, milk, cream, potatoes, onion, rosemary, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug. Add spinach through the lid plug opening and blend an additional 25 seconds.
|Amount Per Servings|
Potato and Spinach Soup is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sailormomof6 from Yummy but needs tweaking! I enjoyed this soup but found the rosemary a tad strong. It was my first attempt at making a soup in my Vitamix E320 and I admit I was pleasantly surprised. No actual cooking required. Made a nice, warm healthy soup in 6 minutes! Because of the colour, I will forever refer to it as my 'shrek soup', lol!
Date published: 2018-11-16