Roasted Tomato Salsa
Roast all of the ingredients and throw it in the Vitamix food processor, a salsa that couldn't be easier!
- 14 (725 g) small roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 (70 g) red onion, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, cut into 3 pieces
- ½ (15 g) fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed
- 2 limes, peeled, halved
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, optional
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a sheet tray with non-stick spray.
- Place all ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and toss to coat with the olive oil and salt. Spread evenly onto the prepared sheet pan. Place the sheet pan into the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Place the roasted mixture into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Set the machine timer for 30 seconds, Switch the machine to start and allow to complete programmed cycle.
- Start the machine and allow to process for 30 seconds.
- Cool or serve slightly warm.
For a deeper flavor, skip the oil and roasting. Instead, char your tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno on the grill.
|Serving Size||1 serving (57 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|