Simple Dog Biscuit
A dog-friendly treat for your furry family member.
- 1⅓ cup (330 g) peanut butter
- 1¼ cup (300 ml) hot water
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (80 g) rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place peanut butter and hot water into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Remove lid and add flour and oats. Secure the lid and select Variable 6.
- Pulse 5-6 times. You will notice the dough starting to form a ball and lift off the blades.
- Remove the lid and scrape down the sides, adding a little flour if the dough looks to moist and has not formed a ball. Pulse again 5-6 times.
- Remove the container onto a floured work surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Roll out dough into 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) thickness and use your favorite cookie cutter to cut into shapes.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for about 40 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire baking rack.
|Serving Size||10 biscuits|
|Amount Per Servings|
Simple Dog Biscuit is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Poppy9422 from Easy to Make! I made these for my family to take back home with them to Georgia for my Granddog, Max. I save my HP Instant Ink boxes and they make perfect containers for transport or mailing. This dough is super easy and there is no waste. You use every last bit. This recipe makes over 1-1/2 lbs of 2-1/2” cookies as shown. I adjusted baking to 35 minutes instead of 40.
Date published: 2019-05-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by CanadianMe from How I get my dog to take his herbal medicine I just grind it up in the adding water stage. He loves these cookies so much. I make him a batch once a month and that way his medicinal needs are met with a delicious treat. Great recipe Vitamix! I usually have to add a lot more flour and oats to get them to shape up properly, but no big deal.
Date published: 2020-12-08