Sweet Potato Au Gratin [Food Processor Attachment]
Sweet potatoes add color and a nutritional boost, while garlic gives a burst of flavor to this delicious dish.
- 4 (1 kg) sweet potato, peeled
- 1 (80 g) medium shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2½ cup (600 ml) coconut cashew cream
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Grease a 9x9 (23cm x 23cm) baking dish and set aside.
- Fit the Food Processor with the Thin Slice Blade and secure the lid. Put sweet potato in place (Small Feed Chute if it fits, large if it does not.) Start machine and feed sweet potatoes one at a time through the appropriate feed chute. Allow to slice and then follow with the large shallot.
- Line the sweet potato slices and shallots in the greased 9x9 baking dish on their side, rather than traditionally flat. Sprinkle with minced garlic and pour Coconut Cashew Cream over the top, spreading evenly.
- Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 1 hour, covered. After 1 hour, remove the foil and cook for an additional 1/2 hour or until potatoes are tender.
This au gratin dish can be very versatile, utilizing whatever vegetable you prefer. The sauce will not break when baked like some other traditional vegan versions do.
|Serving Size||1 serving (150 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|