Warm Apple Cider
A warm mug of this homemade cider - with or without rum - makes for a simple indulgence on a cold day.
- 3½ cup (840 ml) apple cider
- ¼ cup (50 g) golden caster sugar
- ½ orange, peeled, halved
- ½ lemon, peeled, halved
- lemon zest, wide strips
- orange zest, wide strips
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 1½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 5 Tablespoons (75 ml) rum, optional
- Combine apple cider, sugar, orange, lemon, and zest in a large pot, stirring to combine. Place remaining ingredients in a double-thick piece of cheesecloth and tie to make a spice bag. Add to the cider mixture.
- Turn heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard spice bag.
- Place cider mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Serve warm. Stir in 1 Tablespoon rum per cup if desired.
|Amount Per Servings|