Zucchini Asparagus and Pea Soup
A creamy purée of asparagus, zucchini, and peas, with added flavour from basil, mint, and coriander.
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken broth
- 8 spears asparagus, ends trimmed
- 5 zucchinis
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ bunch fresh basil leaves
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Persian Feta, for garnish
- Place stock, asparagus, zucchini, peas, basil, mint and corainder into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes through the vented lid plug.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour soup into individual bowls, and garnish wiht persian feta.
|Amount Per Servings|
Zucchini Asparagus and Pea Soup is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 2 out of 5 by BigM from Too minty! This soup has interesting ingredients and tastes appropriate to springtime. However, the amount of mint called for in this recipe completely overpowered all the other tastes. When I made this I only use a small stalk of mint. However, I would recommend limiting to 1-2 leaves and just use the mint as a condiment to top the soup.
Date published: 2017-05-06