The secret to this healthy vegan fluff, which can be used in a variety of ways, is drained chickpea liquid. Try it as a vegan dessert topping, in vegan cocktails, or with sauces that need just a little extra volume and flavor.
- ¾ cup (175 ml) aquafaba liquid, at room temperature
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- ¼ cup (25 g) powdered sugar
- Place aquafaba liquid and cream of tartar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine and slowly increase to Variable 5.
- Remove the lid plug and add powdered sugar through the lid plug opening. This should take about 25 to 30 seconds.
- After all the sugar is added, return the lid plug and increase to Variable 7. Blend for 3 minutes, or until the aquafaba is considerably thicker.
Aquafaba is the liquid in canned chickpeas. It's very important that the aquafaba liquid come to room temperature before blending. When completed, the consistency will be soft peaks. We recommend waiting 3 to 5 minutes after blending for the peaks to get a lot stiffer. However, separation will start to occur at the bottom of the container. In that case, just skim what you need off the top.
|Serving Size||1½ Tablespoon (22.5 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|