This recipe is made in the new Aer™ disc container. Learn More
The secret to this healthy vegan fluff, which can be used in a variety of ways, is drained chickpea liquid. Try it as a vegan dessert topping, in vegan cocktails, or with sauces that need just a little extra volume and flavor.
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ cup (175 ml) aquafaba liquid, chilled, from no salt added style chickpeas
- ¼ cup (25 g) powdered sugar
- Place well chilled aguafaba liquid, cream of tartar, and powdered sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed. Secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine and increase very slowly to Variable 7 (on Ascent and C-series machines; Variable 5 on G-series machines). Blend for 1 minute.
Aquafaba is the liquid from canned chickpeas. The consistency coming out of the container will be soft peaks. If you let it stand for 3-5 minutes the peaks will get a lot stiffer, however separation will start to occur at the bottom of the container. We recommend waiting the extra 3-5 minutes to let it sit and get stiffer, then skimming what you need off the top.
|Serving Size||1½ Tablespoon (22.5 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|