Chocolate Orange Cashew Sandwiches
- 1 cup (175 g) dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (175 g) coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon orange blossom syrup
- Zest of 1 orange
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C Fan. Line a 13 x 9 baking tin or tray with baking paper.
- Over a Bain Marie melt the chocolate.
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites into the blender and put the yokes into a separate bowl.
- Turn the blender onto number 3 for 1 minute turning it down to 2 for 2-3 minutes until the whites are stiff.
- Mix in with the yokes the orange blossom syrup, orange zest, cacao powder and the melted chocolate.
- With a silver spoon fold in the egg whites careful not to over mix as you don’t want to take the air out of the batter.
- Once combined poor into the lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes. It will go a little crusty on the top this is normal.
- Take out and leave to cool.
- ⅔ cup (100 g) cashews
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom syrup
- Make the cream by putting the cashews, water and orange blossom syrup into the blender on number 7 for 2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Cut the tray bake into 10 squares and layer the cream over 5 of them and place the other 5 over the top to make a sandwich.
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Amount Per Servings|