You will want to prepare these churros as often as possible once you try them out. Try making them savory for a fun variation by omitting the cinnamon sugar and chocolate, and opting for an oozy cheese sauce to dip into.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, or egg substitute
- 2 quarts (1.9 l) vegetable oil, for frying
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, butter and salt. Bring to a simmer.As soon as you reach a simmer, whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pot. Turn off the heat.
- Place the dough into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Remove the lid plug.
- Crack the eggs into a measuring cup.
- Select variable 6 and begin to pulse, adding the eggs through the lid plug opening one at a time. Do not add another egg until the first one is incorporated. Continue to pulse until all 3 eggs are fully incorporated (18-20 times)
- Remove the dough from the container into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a high sided frying pan, or a fryer to 350°F (175°C) .
- Fry the churros by pushing the dough out through the piping bag carefully into the fryer oil, using kitchen shears to cut each churro about 2 inches in length. Cut 5-6 churros into the oil, and fry for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown, and no longer doughy.
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- While the churros are frying, combine the cinnamon and ½ cup sugar into a large mixing bowl and place next to the fryer.
- 2½ cup (590 ml) cashew milk
- 2/3 cups (55 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (140 g) dried dates, pitted, halved
- Use a slotted spatula to carefully remove the cooked churros from the oil, and place in the cinnamon sugar (be careful to allow a majority of the oil drip off the churro over the frying pan.)
- Toss the churros in the mixture.
- In the meantime, in the Vitamix container combine the ingredients for the chocolate sauce and secure the lid. Select the hot soup program if available and run to completion or start machine on Variable 1 and ramp up to Variable 10 and allow to blend on it's highest speed for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the warm chocolate sauce alongside your churros to dip into.
|Serving Size||2 servings|
|Amount Per Servings|