French Onion and Wild Mushroom Soup
This twist on traditional French onion soup uses mushrooms for added depth of flavor.
- 1½ cup (195 g) onion, peeled, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (45 ml) dry sherry, divided use
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef broth
- ⅛ ounce (6 g) dried mushrooms
- ½ carrot
- 1½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add oil, onion, and bay leaf. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add the butter, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Deglaze with 2 Tablespoons (30ml) of sherry.
- Place beef stock, dried mushrooms, carrot, and chia seeds into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the machine's lowest speed. Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 7 minutes and 30 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce the speed to Variable 2 and add the onion mixture and remaining sherry.
- Blend for another 10 seconds.
To spice up this soup, add hot sauce, pepperoncini peppers, or your favorite spice blend.
|Amount Per Servings|
French Onion and Wild Mushroom Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Island Princesz from PERFECT Taste Amazing! Would love some photo reference and nutritional information. The lack of these is a little disappointing considering the cost of these items.
Date published: 2018-06-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vitamixer TJ from Delicious Even cutting out some steps to save time, this was absolutely delicious.
Date published: 2018-05-03