This milk is a great beverage to sip on a cold day or as an evening tea substitute.
- 1 cup (140 g) raw almonds
- 3 cups (720 ml) cold water
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 Tablespoon (16 g) fresh turmeric root, or ground turmeric, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, or ½ teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 pinch of ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into an appropriately sized container. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 2 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved. Strain if desired.
This recipe requires around a 2-quart jar to blend to ensure liquid will not spill over the top. This drink may be served warm or cold depending on your preference.
|Serving Size||1 serving (305 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|