Harissa & Maple Glazed Carrots
Enjoy as is, or try using this glaze on any roasted root vegetable for a particularly tasty, spiced-up side dish.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil, optional
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (900 g) rainbow carrots, cut into 2-inch (5-cm) strips
- 1 lemon lemon
- Place garlic, oil, maple syrup, harissa paste, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 20 seconds.
- Toss sauce with prepared carrots and lemon slices. Place on a sheet tray, and bake for 35 minutes.
|Serving Size||¾ cup (140 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Harissa & Maple Glazed Carrots is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SheilaH from Good! I made this fried bread chicken breasts, it went really well! I do not care for anything but orange carrots, and I bought and peeled some large one slice on the diagonal. I used sirache sauce for the harissa paste, and folk lined the baking sheet and sprayed with butter flavored PAM, gave them a stir half way through. Maple syrup was a nice hint, not overpowering sweet.
Date published: 2019-09-29