Mango Basil Freeze
Sweet mango pairs with an herbaceous finish in this fruity treat.
- 1½ cup (360 ml) plain yogurt, or non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons (8 g) fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons (30 m) honey, or other sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- 1½ pound (670 g) frozen mango
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 50 seconds using the tamper to push ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Optimal temperature for frozen ingredients is 20 to 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
|Serving Size||1 Serving (184 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
Mango Basil Freeze is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scottster from Mango with some tango I modified this recipe with a tasty outcome. I added a frozen banana, 1/8 cup of 0 CAL, Kirkland Monkfruit sweetener, and a shot of Kirkland dark spiced rum ( the tango). I didn't have fresh basil so I used dried basil which still gave a hint of basil flavor. I used the frozen dessert setting and stopped the machine 3-4 seconds after the mounds formed. The consistency was perfect and lasted awhile, not having the instant melt of some of the other Vmix frozen dessert recipes I have tried.
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 4 out of 5 by AJillianThings from Not Sweet Enough This recipe was pretty good, it just needed to be a little sweeter.
Date published: 2018-05-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Betsa from Super fresh! If you are looking for something fresh for these hot days I encourage you to try this recipe, the result is fresh and delicious! I never imagined to put basil on an ice cream and the result was wow!
Date published: 2020-05-07