It's now so easy to make meringue using the Vitamix aeration container. Be sure to follow the directions exactly, though, especially the part about bringing the egg whites to room temperature. That's the key to success in this recipe.
- 6 (115 g) egg whites
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- ¼ cup (50 g) superfine sugar
- Place room-temperature egg whites and cream of tartar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine and quickly increase to Variable 7.
- After about 15 seconds and as soon as you start seeing egg white cling to the sides of the container, remove the lid plug and start adding in the superfine sugar through the lid plug opening in a steady stream for about 15 to 20 seconds. Don't over process or the egg whites will start to break down.
Important: The egg whites must be at room temperature! Cold egg whites will not result in the same volume or consistency of meringue. The instructions are very specific for a reason as there are a lot of variables. Deviating from any of them will unfortunately result in recipe failure.
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon|
|Amount Per Servings|