Mushroom Tofu Pasta Sauce
In this especially flavorful vegan sauce recipe, the mushrooms add a bold depth, and the tofu adds a creamy thickness. What’s not to love?
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled, diced
- 8 ounces (225 g) cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup (120 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1½ cup (360 ml) water, or vegetable stock
- 10½ ounce (300 g) silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When warm, add the onion, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Pour in the red wine and deglaze. Add the red chili flakes and continue to cook until the wine is reduced by two thirds.
- Carefully pour all the ingredients into your Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select the Hot Soups program and allow it to run to completion; or select variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase speed to the highest setting. Blend for 5 minutes and 30 seconds.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Mushroom Tofu Pasta Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CanadianShar from My new favourite pasta sauce So rich and creamy, so satisfying! Mods: used white wine and only 1/2 cup Used a full pack of firm silken tofu (12 ounces) Only used 1 c. Veggie stock (I love thick sauces) This tastes like a restaurant quality Alfredo style sauce but way better.
Date published: 2021-01-21