A healthy breakfast drink with oatmeal and amaranth, sweetened with cinnamon and mango.
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 3 Tablespoons oatmeal
- 3 Tablespoons amaranth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup (165 g) mango, peeled, diced
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch the machine to start and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 35 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide among two glasses and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
Oatmeal Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CPTAMP from Amaranth isn't needed! I made this with 1/2 cup of Old-Fashioned Oats and no amaranth (and 1tsp of ground cinnamon instead of a stick), and it turned out great. I suspect you could substitute any fruit you have on hand.
Date published: 2017-10-22
Rated 3 out of 5 by tamiozzi from Breakfast to go! I wasn't sure what amaranth was, but found I could substitute quinoa for it. I assumed it needed to be cooked quinoa, but left the oatmeal raw. The overall flavor was okay, but I think it would make a great breakfast to go.
Date published: 2017-07-19