Thai Chicken Wings
Warning: This wing sauce can be thoroughly addicting! It hits all the 5 taste profiles, and makes you want to come back for more…and more…and more.
- ½ cup (120 ml) sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup (80 g) coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) fish sauce
- 2 lime, zest plus juice
- 2 Tablespoons (15 g) lemongrass, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) sesame oil
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 other green onions
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 pounds (1.81 kg) chicken wings
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting or the Purée program (if available). Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 minute; or start the machine and allow the Purée program to complete. Stop the machine.
- Pour sauce into a pan and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve over cooked wings.
|Serving Size||½ pound (225 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Thai Chicken Wings is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gepetto from Simple and Delicious This is the first recipe I ever tried with my Vitamix and I was not disappointed! Easy to make and very flavorful. Was a little surprised by the green color of the sauce- tastes much better than it looks !
Date published: 2017-12-28