This recipe is made in the new Aer™ disc container. Learn More
This is a very simple vegan version of mayonnaise that can be whipped up in minutes for a variety of uses.
- ¾ cup (55 g) soy milk
- 1½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ cup (300 ml) vegetable oil
- Place soy milk, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to Variable 5, and blend for 15 seconds.
- Remove the lid plug and slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening. Secure lid plug. Increase speed to Variable 10 and blend for 5 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades if necessary.
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon|
|Amount Per Servings|
Vegan Mayonnaise is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by R Thomas from Love it! I made this mayo using Oatly brand oatmilk and a blend of safflower and avocado oil and it worked amazingly!! I did add 1/4 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum to get it more to that commercial mayo texture. Its amazing!!
Date published: 2019-01-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hollybet from Soy substitute? Soy allergies here, would any other non dairy milk such as almond work? Thanks!
Date published: 2018-12-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by CCT73 from Good stuff! Just made this so I wouldn't have to run to the store for mayo. Only had almond milk, seemed to work just fine. Ended up adding a bit more lemon and some smoked paprika hoping to get just a bit more tang.... Maybe that will develop as it chills?
Date published: 2018-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by ironharp from Never need to buy mayo again Ran out of WF’s vegan org mayo..oh nooooo....tried this recipe....cut it in half ...used Cold pressed extra virgin AVOCADO oil plus a touch of hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt...WOW....BEST mayo ever!
Date published: 2019-05-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by KC15 from Never buying Vegenaise again :) Made this last night in my A2500 and it turned out perfect! Can't wait to make myself a veggie sandwich! It literally took under 10 min to whip this up.
Date published: 2018-12-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by Am1td from Came out curdled and runny! I followed the ingredients and recipe EXACTLY but it came out runny and curdled!
Date published: 2019-01-07
Rated 1 out of 5 by BECook from Failed... Tried this with olive oil and it completely failed... a cup and a half of olive oil isn’t cheap either. Why doesn’t this recipe specify what you actually need so you don’t waste your time and ingredients on something that doesn’t work? Not a great experience.
Date published: 2018-09-23