A healthier than normal version of Zucchini bread, utilizing date syrup and a Vitamix made flour blend to keep it tasting great.
- 1 cup (105 g) oat flour
- 1 cup (175 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound (454 g) zucchini, ends trimmed, about 2 medium
- 1 cup (105 g) walnuts, broken up
- 1 cup (240 ml) date syrup
- 3 large eggs, or egg substitute
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9x5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan by lightly oiling it and setting it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk to incorporate and set aside.
- Fit the Food Processor with the Small Shredding Blade and secure the lid. Start machine and feed the trimmed zucchini through the Small Food Chute using the Small Food Pusher to push completely through the Shredding Disc. Once all zucchini has been shredded, squeeze the excess water out of it. Reserve zucchini and set aside.
- Place the date syrup, eggs, vegetable oil, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla extract into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Start the machine and allow to process for 1 minute, or set timer and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Add the flour mixture to the Food Processor Work Bowl with the date syrup mixture. Pulse 8-10 times until flour mixture has been incorporated, then add the entire mixture to the bowl of shredded zucchini. Stir all ingredients together and pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the center is set. Let cool completely before removing from the pan. Cut and serve.
The oat and whole wheat flour in this recipe are Vitamix made. See sub-recipes for instructions. Mashed banana and applesauce are great substitutes for the egg and oil.
|Serving Size||1 serving (115 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|