Acorn Squash Soup
Maple syrup, nutmeg and ground cinnamon add holiday flavor to this classic autumn soup. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds for even more holiday zest.
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- ½ cup (120 ml) evaporated milk
- 2¼ cup (454 g) acorn squash, roasted, seeded, peeled, cooled
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the lid plug opening.
To roast squash easily, split in half, scoop out the seeds, and place flesh side down on a lightly greased baking pan. Pierce skin with a knife in several spots, and roast 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes.
|Serving Size||1 serving (432 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page