These crunchy almond cookies are mixed entirely in the Vitamix machine, making them a simple, go-to recipe for the holidays or throughout the year.
- ½ cup (110 g) light butter spread
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup (95 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (90 g) whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (50 g) slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter spread, egg, sugar, milk and almond extract into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until ingredients are creamed. Remove the lid plug.
- Add flours, salt, baking soda and almonds.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until well mixed, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
|Serving Size||1 Cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
Almond Cookies is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marilda Harbin from home This machine has been of good service to me; after I had my stomach surgery. I didn't know you could use this machine for the purpose of making cookies too.
Date published: 2016-12-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by Shelvis from This recipe does not work I tried this recipe today and it doesn't work. It is too dry and it doesn't mix properly. I had to add 1 tbsp extra milk, and it still didn't work. I ended up adding an egg and still had to take it out of the Vitamix to blend it properly. The result was still very dry. My kids think they taste like dry muffin tops. It was also annoyingly difficult to clean out of the Vitamix afterward. I like my Vitamix but it's best for smoothies, gazpacho, fresh salsa, that sort of thing.
Date published: 2018-01-11
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ron B from Hi sugar content Like a lot of baking recipes this has a high sugar content, which we are told is bad for your health. You would think that recipe producers would have learned by now to reduce or provide alternatives.
Date published: 2017-08-15
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lola1 from Sounds interesting, but... While the recipe sounds interesting there is no way to print (friendly) this recipe, which makes it difficult for future cooking or reading at home.
Date published: 2017-12-07