Ideal for drizzling over poached eggs or as a dipping sauce for breakfast toast.
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 (200 g) avocado, halved, seeded, peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) vegetable oil
- Place lemon juice, avocado, hot water, salt, and ground black pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Reduce speed to Variable 8 and remove lid plug. Slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil. Replace lid plug.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||0.25 cups (60 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Avocado Hollandaise is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bonbon from Avocado Hollandaise After reading review of recipe, I added granular garlic, Greek seasoning, and ground Mild Hatch Green Chiles to vitamix. Also added 1 tablespoon green chili infused olive oil to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. I'm from Texas and cook with lots of "spice", but do not think it was too spicy. If worried, skip the pepper infused oil. A healthy topping for Eggs Benedict.
Date published: 2016-07-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by Amanda Veg from Pretty Good I don't know what Hollandaise is supposed to taste like so I think I made it right? I had a smaller avocado and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice sounded like overkill. 3 tablespoons worked fine. I used one tablespoon of canola oil. (Didn't have veg oil. 4 tablespoons of that sounds like overkill too). Overall it tasted good.
Date published: 2017-07-23
Rated 3 out of 5 by Charlie A from Not Sure About Consistency This had a decent flavor--subtle and fresh tasting, but we weren't enamored by the consistency, which was a bit too mouse-like for us. Perhaps we could try blending it for a shorter time period (although we note that we did follow the directions in that regard).
Date published: 2016-05-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by EricRyan from Good and easy It was easy to put together, and tasted great. The taste is nice and bright with the lemon.
Date published: 2017-11-30