Ideal for drizzling over poached eggs or as a dipping sauce for breakfast toast.
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 (200 g) avocado, halved, seeded, peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) vegetable oil
- Place lemon juice, avocado, hot water, salt, and ground black pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Reduce speed to Variable 8 and remove lid plug. Slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil. Replace lid plug.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||0.25 cups (60 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Avocado Hollandaise is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bonbon from Avocado Hollandaise After reading review of recipe, I added granular garlic, Greek seasoning, and ground Mild Hatch Green Chiles to vitamix. Also added 1 tablespoon green chili infused olive oil to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. I'm from Texas and cook with lots of "spice", but do not think it was too spicy. If worried, skip the pepper infused oil. A healthy topping for Eggs Benedict.
Date published: 2016-07-10
Rated 3 out of 5 by Charlie A from Not Sure About Consistency This had a decent flavor--subtle and fresh tasting, but we weren't enamored by the consistency, which was a bit too mouse-like for us. Perhaps we could try blending it for a shorter time period (although we note that we did follow the directions in that regard).
Date published: 2016-05-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by Amanda Veg from Pretty Good I don't know what Hollandaise is supposed to taste like so I think I made it right? I had a smaller avocado and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice sounded like overkill. 3 tablespoons worked fine. I used one tablespoon of canola oil. (Didn't have veg oil. 4 tablespoons of that sounds like overkill too). Overall it tasted good.
Date published: 2017-07-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by EricRyan from Good and easy It was easy to put together, and tasted great. The taste is nice and bright with the lemon.
Date published: 2017-11-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by emmedubs from Yum. A hollandaise that does not break! This was the first thing we made with my new and first Vitamix. We poached eggs (from our chickens), but them on 21 grain toast, and topped with this lemony avocado hollandaise. Garnished with hot sauce and a slice of avocado.
Date published: 2020-06-11