20% Off Your EatLove Membership. EatLove provides custom Dietitian-approved meal plans created with your unique health goals and dietary preferences in mind. Get Started
Balsamic Citrus Dressing
This light dressing is delicious on greens tossed with mandarin oranges and Chinese noodles, or as a chicken marinade.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium oranges, peeled, halved
- 3 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, oranges, onion, garlic, sugar, lime juice, pepper and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove lid plug.
- Pour oil in a thin stream through the lid plug opening until thoroughly emulsified.
Refrigerate in airtight container. Bring to room temperature and shake before serving over salad. Use agave nectar in place of sugar for a raw diet.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|