Balsamic Citrus Dressing [Vitamix ONE]
This light dressing is delicious on greens tossed with mandarin oranges and Chinese noodles, or as a chicken marinade.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) white balsamic vinegar, or favorite vinegar
- 3 medium orange, peeled, halved
- 3 green onions, root trimmed
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 dates, pitted
- ½ lime, peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ½ cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lime, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients except olive oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Reduce to its lowest speed and remove the lid plug. Slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening until emulsified. Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
|Serving Size||1 serving (30 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|