A simple pantry recipe, this dressing can be thrown together at the last minute for dinner in a pinch.
- ½ cup (120 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup (360 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, mustard, pepper, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Remove lid plug and drizzle olive oil in a slow stream through the lid plug opening.
- Replace lid plug and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for an additional 10 seconds.
Refrigerate in airtight container.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Basic Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Yogirider from Just OK I made this basic vinaigrette but added one clove of garlic. It's better than bottled but just needs something else? Maybe some honey or sugar?
Date published: 2017-02-12
I'm allergic to olive oil. What can be substituted for that?
You can use any kind of oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil, etc.
Date published: 2017-06-24
I followed this exactly and the dressing did not emulsify. This has happened on more than more occasion. Why is this happening?
If you are having issues with this recipe it could be due to the size if your container, give us a call to further address the issue. 800.848.2649 Any one of our representatives would be more than happy to assist you!
Date published: 2016-07-19
Do you have nutritional values it can be viewed when using your product?
There is nutritional information listed with each recipe, here is a link for this recipe https://www.vitamix.com/Recipes/Basic-Vinaigrette/C-Series/Variable-Speed/Classic-64-Ounce#nutritional-facts
Date published: 2016-04-26