Basil Walnut Pesto
Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields enough sauce to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (75 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 (15 g) garlic clove, peeled
- 6 cups (240 g) fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup (90 g) walnuts
- ¼ lemon, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 7.
- Blend for 30 to 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Walnuts help to make this pesto a creamy and filling sauce. Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields more than enough to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden.
|Serving Size||1 servings (50 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|