As delicious as it is vibrant in color, this hummus recipe uses beets for distinct flavor and added nutrition.
- ½ cup (120 ml) Tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned chickpeas, with liquid
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- ½ garlic clove
- 2 beets, quartered, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place tahini, lemon juice, lemon rind, chickpeas with reserved liquid, cumin, salt, garlic, beets, oil and water into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the "Purees" program.
- Turn machine on and run for 30-60 seconds at the highest speed setting, or allow machine to complete pre-programmed cycle. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Serve garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika.
|Amount Per Servings|