Blackberry Five Spice Sauce
This sweet-and-spicy Asian sauce is delicious with grilled pork tenderloin, chicken or duck.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups (420 g) blackberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, blackberries, cinnamon, spices, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug.
- Pour olive oil through the lid plug opening. Blend an additional 20 seconds
Serve with grilled pork tenderloin, chicken or duck. Chinese five-spice sauce can be found in the Asian foods section of better grocers.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|