Caribbean Dry Rub
Make amazing jerk chicken with this sweet and spicy rub. Allow to sit on raw meat for 10-15 minutes before cooking to maximize flavor.
- ¾ cup (165 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Rub on raw meat. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Caribbean Dry Rub is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marvtheturtle from A great gluten free dry rub! This is my go to dry rub for chicken. Our household has allergies to gluten, corn and soy. This mixes up quickly and tastes great. You can store the rest in an airtight container and have it on hand for quick meals.
Date published: 2017-11-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by AnnaH from Excellent flavor I used this on boneless skinless chicken thighs I was grilling. They turned out superb! The rub has a nice kick to it without being too spicy. This is a keeper!
Date published: 2019-08-23