Carrot Orange Ice with Ginger and Olive Oil
Orange and ginger turn fresh carrot into the perfect spring-time treat.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- Zest of ½ Orange
- 1 cup (120 g) carrots, halved
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups (390 g) ice cubes
- Place olive oil, orange, zest, carrot, ginger and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Add ice to the container. Turn dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||1 cup (120 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Carrot Orange Ice with Ginger and Olive Oil is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Mary Catherine from Total fail :-( You would think it is amazingly easy, yet the whole thing turned to a block of ice. Not amount of tamping would move things along. Finally added almond milk and turned it into a very cold not so creamy shake. The flavor was refreshing but definitely not what is suppose to be.
Date published: 2018-07-10