Cherry and Golden Raisin Bread
Golden raisins combine with sweet cherries to form this irresistible homemade bread. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze for a lovely addition to a brunch spread.
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons lemon juice, adding more if needed to reach drizzling consistency.
- 2 cups (310 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (70 g) dried cherries
- ½ cup (85 g) golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch x 5-inch (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large size mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and zest by hand.
- Place egg, milk, sugar, oil, and vanilla into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. Cream mixture for 20 seconds or until smooth. Pour into dry mixture and whisk together just until moistened. With a spatula, fold in cherries and raisins.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze. Cool on wire rack.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page