Pair this spicy marinade or dipping sauce with grilled fish, chicken, red meat, sausage or veggies.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (50 g) red onion, peeled, diced
- 1 cup (5 g) flat leaf parsley
- ¾ cup (30 g) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup (25 g) fresh oregano leaves
- 6 medium small garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ jalapeño
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (180 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, lemon juice, onion, parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, jalapeño, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix 40-ounce container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to Pulse and quickly release. Continue to Pulse 9 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Stop machine and scrape down the sides of the container with a spatula. Secure lid and continue to Pulse 10 times.
- Turn the dial to 1 and remove the lid plug. Slowly pour olive oil through the lid plug opening. Secure lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Chimichurri is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nakahockey from Great recipe and use of the Vitamix! First use of the Vitamix! This Chimichurri recipe was delicious and easy to make with the Vitamix. The spice from the jalapeno was nice.
Date published: 2017-05-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dominic1960 from Pebre, the spicy cousin of Chimichurri Pebre is the southernmost member of a family of fresh salsas that includes Colombian aji and Brazilian molho à campanha. This would be the appropriate name of this recipe. I recently found out that this version is not true Chimichurri sauce. However, I like my sauces spicy, very spicy.
Date published: 2019-02-14
Rated 4 out of 5 by Estergidio from Thank you to spread the word The recipe is not accurate. The original Chimichurri from ARGENTINA does not have cilantro or jalapeño. Sometimes to make it less “oily” one can add hot water. Oh, crash pepper too!
Date published: 2018-09-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by Yvette 5727 from Bonne recette Simple à préparer et délicieuse avec le poisson, le poulet et le porc
Date published: 2021-02-20
Rated 1 out of 5 by ElleC from Not chimichurri I learned how to make from Argentinian friends. Never made from Cilantro. It is made with Parsley. This would probably be good, but it needs a name of it's own, it's just not chimicurri!
Date published: 2017-02-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Satin from Loved It - Family Fav This was an amazing recipe. I like it spicy and this hit the spot! I will make this for X-Mas dinner. Thank you!
Date published: 2020-12-19