Using red skins potatoes like I’ve done in this bisque is a great way to thicken soups and add creamy texture in your Vitamix blender.
- 1 cup (150 g) red skinned potatoes, diced
- ¼ cup (30 g) onion, peeled. diced
- 1½ cup (360 ml) milk
- 3 cups (375 g) corn
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Place diced potatoes and onion in a microwavable container and microwave on high 4 to 6 minutes, until fork tender.
- Place milk, potatoes, onion, corn, garlic, chipotle powder, and salt into the Vitamix 40 oz. container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Heat soup to a bowl on stovetop before serving. Garnish with bacon pieces, to serve.
|Serving Size||8 ounces (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Corn Bisque is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tona from Super tasty! Wow this recipe is amazing! It tastes like it is sweet, with no sugar added. It was the first soup made in my new Vitamix.
Date published: 2016-11-13
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rosita from Raw garlic too strong The soup was very thick and smooth, but the raw garlic was overpowering. We'd really love the soup and give it 5 stars if we used roasted garlic or cooked the garlic in oil on the stove top first instead.
Date published: 2018-12-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lonna from Super tasty I had cauliflower and lite coconut milk in the fridge so swapped them in. So creamy. My first soup too!
Date published: 2018-12-22