The smooth base of this chunky corn chowder is made in the Vitamix, followed by stovetop veggies to add a crisp, corn-off-the-cob texture.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (120 g) onion
- 18 ounces (520 g) russet potatoes
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- 3 cups (375 g) corn
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig parsley
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Sauté onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, stock, and 1 cup corn. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place mixture and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining corn and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|