Margaritas aren’t strictly for summertime. Try this cranberry concoction at your next holiday gathering.
- ¾ cup (75 g) cranberries
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Bring cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick with jam consistency, about 30 to 40 minutes. Mix in the zest and let cool.
- ½ cup (160 g) cranberry jam
- ¼ cup (45 ml) lime juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) orange juice
- 6 fluidounces (180 ml) tequila
- 5 cups (650 g) ice cubes
- Place 8 Tablespoons jam, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and ice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 35 to 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Cranberry Margarita is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Missy73 from Made to order I made these for several events over the 2015 holiday season. They were a huge hit. I made a whole tub of the cranberry sauce and froze what I didn't use after the holidays were over. Looking forward to blending up another batch soon!
Date published: 2016-02-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by SharonL from Awesome This is the best margarita I have ever had. Only change: Added a little Cointreau.
Date published: 2015-12-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sandi from Great for my Christmas Party! We served this to our Christmas Party guest and they LOVED it!
Date published: 2015-12-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by KarenB from Great Flavor I made the cranberry jam the night before to bring to a new year's eve party. We made it alcohol free as a drink alternative. It was especially nice with seltzer added.
Date published: 2016-01-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by SueLin from Ladies Night Must Have! I make a combination whole fruit/cranberry Margarita. EVERY girls night they are on the menu!! cranberry jam, one orange, one lime, one lemon, tequila and ice. Nothing easier.... nothing better. Every winter I have to can the jam so the ladies don't lynch me in the summer!
Date published: 2019-04-05