Creamy Celery Soup
This recipe uses the entire celery stalk, leaves and all, for a more intense celery flavor.
- 1½ cup (360 ml) vegetable broth
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- 1 pound (455 g) celery, diced
- ⅓ cup (75 g) parsnip, diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- Place all ingredients, except the cream, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until hot. Reduce to Variable 4; remove lid plug.
- Add cream through the lid plug opening. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
Creamy Celery Soup is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Josie7777 from Surprisingly Delicious! The celery soup is especially flavourful & smooth. I looked for the recipe after tasting it! Thank you Vitamix for the recipe!
Date published: 2016-12-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Shantilove from Love! Very easy and tasty. I added an extra clove of garlic making it a total of two, a little time and oregano. When I poured it into the bowl I topped it with a little sour cream and a smoky jalapeño hot sauce. Very delicious! It does not taste like grass as in the other review. Not at all this is a very healthy and refreshing soup
Date published: 2018-04-13
Rated 1 out of 5 by ChristineJ from not with seasonnal celery With fresh in season celery the taste is much too strong.
Date published: 2018-08-15
Rated 1 out of 5 by JennyBoBenny from Not for me. This recipe was tempting in its simplicity and I happened to have all ingredients on hand. I'm glad I took a sip before I handed a cup of it off to my boyfriend though. Neither of us are fans of liquid grass, so we won't be making this again.
Date published: 2016-02-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Evaleri from Tasty & Easy I was drawn to the recipe because of its simplicity. I wasn't disappointed. The soup is super easy to make, tasty, just rich enough, and has a delightfully earthy flavor that is balanced out by the addition of heavy cream. A winner, especially when you're short on time.
Date published: 2017-03-28