Creamy Cheese Sauce
This rich, creamy sauce is ideal for drizzling over steamed vegetables, in a lasagna, or for macaroni and cheese.
- ¼ cup (45 g) margarine
- ¼ cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1⅓ cup (320 ml) cashew milk, or skim milk
- 8 ounces (225 g) Gruyère cheese, cubed
- Place margarine, flour, salt, and milk into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes through the lid plug opening.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug.
- Place cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend for 1 minute, or until well-combined.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving (63 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|