Make Mexican night any night with this quick and easy version.
- 4 cups (960 ml) chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ cup (40 g) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- ½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Enchilada Sauce is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 3 out of 5 by ibizascientist from Good but the recipe calls for too much flower The recipe definitely calls for too much flower. You could take it and the sauce thickens too much (and not in a good way). Next time, I will try 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 a cup of flower.
Date published: 2016-07-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by DSS58 from Base recipe readily adaptable. I've had my Vitamix for about two weeks now and have made this sauce twice. First time was a mild flavored sauce with a hearty consistency. Second time the gloves came off! Added an Adobe pepper with sauce and other fresh ingredients. Prepared the sauce while making corn for both times. It was great having s hot, favorable sauce ready with so little effort.
Date published: 2019-07-02
Rated 3 out of 5 by Kytrulin2017 from First from scratch sauce in my Vitamix. Good flavor and really quick but, I had to double the oregano, cumin, salt, and added an onion quartered. I’m super impressed with the result and the ease of making it. Excited for more recipes to try.
Date published: 2018-01-13