Fresh Tomato Sauce [Vitamix ONE]
The Vitamix chops and purees fresh tomatoes and herbs into a classic Italian sauce.
- 5 (310 g) medium roma tomatoes
- ½ (60 g) small onion, peeled
- ½ small (40 g) carrot
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) tomato paste
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and blend for 45 seconds.
- For a smoother texture, Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 35 to 40 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 serving (103 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|