Gingery Tomato Chutney
A medley of fresh Roma tomatoes, Granny Smith apple, white onion and ginger root create a sweet and savory chutney.
- 2 pounds (900 g) roma tomatoes
- 1 granny smith apples, cored, quartered
- 1 (360 g) yellow onion, peeled, quarterd
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon (5 g) fresh ginger root
- 1 cup (215 g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) white wine vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon Maldon salt, optional
- Combine half of the tomatoes, apple, onion, garlic and ginger root into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Add the remaining tomatoes and secure lid.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 15 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, until coarsely chopped.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and add sugars, vinegars, mustard seeds and salt. Mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1½ hours, stirring often to prevent sticking, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into container or bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill until needed.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page