Gluten-Free Sage Cornbread
Fresh sage accents the flavor in this gluten-free cornbread.
- 1 cup (120 g) cornmeal
- ¾ cup (80 g) brown rice flour
- ¼ cup (40 g) potato starch
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon (1 tbsp) fresh sage, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (240 ml) low fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup (60 m) honey
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Coat a 9-inch x 5-inch (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the cornmeal, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and fresh sage. Set aside.
- Place large egg, buttermilk, and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crisp and brown on top and sides. Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|