Greek Salad with Faux Feta
You can create an equally delicious, vegan alternative to feta cheese with cashews, dried herbs, and several other simple ingredients.
- 1 cup (125 g) roasted cashews, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Place lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, oregano, dill, thyme, garlic, and cashews into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 4 Roma tomato, quartered
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (115 g) red onion, julienned
- ½ cup (100 g) Kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- To assemble the salad, arrange cucumber and tomatoes on a plate. Garnish with red onion, olives, and faux feta. Drizzle with olive oil.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|