Green Pea Guacamole
A perfect guacamole for when there's no avocado in the house. The peas add a unique sweetness and bright green color.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 lemon, peeled
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 (40 g) small yellow onion, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cups (640 g) peas, cooked
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Transfer, to a bowl and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to eat.
|Serving Size||1 serving (34 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Green Pea Guacamole is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hicksie_dust from Yum! I love this recipe, really tasty and quick to make. You need to pulse if you like yours chuncky. This goes great with thick sweet potato chips on the BBQ. I have also made an adaption with part pea part avocado and that is also gorgeous!
Date published: 2016-11-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by 2shacks from Top kitchen Helper I am allergic to avocado & this is a wonderful alternative. I decrease the peas to 1-1 1/2 cups & the rest is asparagus. Frozen or canned, adjust to your taste.
Date published: 2020-03-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by lizarama from Bright, colorful variation on guacamole I love this new take on a classic guacamole. In California there is a restaurant called Jinky's and they always serve pea guacamole with huevos ranchero, which I love, and now I have the recipe! The bright green color is so great.
Date published: 2020-06-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chac65 from Bad Ideal All Around I love the Vitamix, but first no on the peas...period. Second thou shall not put guacamole bound avocados into a blender...period. Guacamole should ALWAYS be made with crushed avocados, ALWAYS. I like the Vitamix, I like guacamole, keep the two far apart.
Date published: 2018-11-15