Herbed Apple Granita
Fresh tarragon adds a peppery note to this sweet, refreshing dessert.
- 3 cups (720 ml) apple juice
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, peeled
- ½ cup (50 g) tarragon, or other herb
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch the machine to Start, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour into two standard ice cube trays and freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Let trays thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place the ice cubes into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 20 to 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. As mixture begins to freeze, the sound of the motor will change and the mixture will start to flow through the blades. Toward the end of processing, leave the tamper in to encourage formation of four mounds.
- Serve immediately.
Try using mint, basil, or other soft herbs instead of tarragon.
|Serving Size||8 servings|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|