Make a small batch or a large one. Flavoring this mayonnaise is easy too, use your own taste as a guide to have a unique mayonnaise. Using a food processor requires no special dexterity compared to the traditional method of whisking.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ¼ teaspoon honey, optional
- 1½ cup (360 ml) vegetable oil, or smiliar neutral-flavored oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon, honey, salt and pepper into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade.
- Start the machine and allow ingredients to process for 10-15 seconds. Then, add the oil through the inside of the Small Food Pusher (there is a small emulsion hole that allows oil to flow slowly into the bowl.) Once all of the oil has been incorporated, allow to process for an additional 5 seconds.
For some flavoring options, try adding ½ an avocado, 4-6 cloves of roasted garlic, or 1-2 tablespoons of hot sauce or harissa. *Alternatively, date syrup cam be used to sweeten if honey isn't desired.
|Serving Size||1 servings (15 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|